Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actions - One Minute Smile (BRBWaffles Free Plugins Mix)
(26-07-2017, 08:23 PM)BRBWaffles Wrote:
(26-07-2017, 02:38 PM)crownoise Wrote: Hey nick! I have to say that it is not a completely destroyed mix but it is close to being completely wrecked. To have a good mix you need to retain certain elements like punch and clarity, this one really lacks that. But i do like it in that regarding the emotion and that it isn't to harsh to the ears. My tip to you is that you reference alot of music in how the pro's retain punch and focus. Keep on learning like me and the others! SmileAngel

I'm not sure how to take this comment. What elements of the mix are lacking in punch or clarity that make it close to "completely wrecked"? The only thing that comes to mind are the guitars. I'm monitoring on Dynaudio BM5As in a treated environment, and I can hear every instrument perfectly clearly except the guitars in the 900-1400Hz range. Not sure how much responsibility I can accept for that. Especially seeing as though even Mike said in the sticky thread that the guitars are pretty much too spongy to be clear or punchy in the manner a pop song generally requires. Also the you clearly hear vocals being distsed and clipped. Makes everything sound very tiny compared to the vocals.

I looked at your other comments, and you praised other mixes for characteristics they didn't have, and you criticize my mix for not having characteristics that it does have. It's just very confusing. I'm not attacking you personally. Maybe your mixing environment isn't optimal. There's no way in hell my mix isn't punchy, comparatively speaking.

well yes its punchy i might have overstated that, it doesnt feel to punchy though because you can hear the compression happening relatively to the punch, i believe 2 much or wrong compession has been applied, and there for it lacks definition. I like punch in the higher frequencies without having a harsh tonal character. I know im not the best person to state this i am still working on my flaws, but i do know that the band would feel this being to pumping and undefined in clarity. Hope that helps Smile.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Actions - One Minute Smile (BRBWaffles Free Plugins Mix) - by crownoise - 27-07-2017, 09:40 PM