Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suit You - The CJ Fuller Mix
Another mix for you all to hear.

There was a great song in there - worthy of the "original" Jet J ;-)

Some things I found:
Drums were at least recorded clearly, with good separation on each track. My challenge was getting the kick to kick and the snare to snap. I also found the bass a bit woolly and it took a bit of EQ to get it to sit with the kick and guitars, adding to them without overwhelming them.

I like the singer. However, I found the vocals tended to start off strong, then tail off quite early - maybe because she drinks and smokes... ;-) Compression will only get you so far - I ended up doing a lot of automation on the volume fader to get it to cut through, but I am pretty happy with the result, especially on the bridge.

Guitar riff was good, but the second lead goes way off key in the middle... We could be generous and say he "switched to the phrygian mode" but it just didn't work for me, so I edited a new solo together with a bit from the intro. I personally like it MUCH more! It now just rocks all the way through!

Piano interesting, but so bass heavy. Massively EQed the low end out. I kinda wish he'd played the whole thing an octave higher because as it is it sits in with the bass and guitar too much.

Overall, I think this song now rocks!

.mp3    Suit You - CJ Fuller Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.24 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Suit You - The CJ Fuller Mix - by CJ Fuller - 16-07-2017, 08:56 AM
RE: Suit You - The CJ Fuller Mix - by CJ Fuller - 16-07-2017, 09:00 AM
RE: Suit You - The CJ Fuller Mix - by CJ Fuller - 20-07-2017, 01:23 PM
RE: Suit You - The CJ Fuller Mix - by CJ Fuller - 20-07-2017, 02:07 PM
RE: Suit You - The CJ Fuller Mix - by CJ Fuller - 20-07-2017, 02:22 PM
RE: Suit You - The CJ Fuller Mix - by CJ Fuller - 25-07-2017, 01:10 AM
RE: Suit You - The CJ Fuller Mix - by crownoise - 25-07-2017, 07:19 PM
RE: Suit You - The CJ Fuller Mix - by CJ Fuller - 27-07-2017, 03:19 AM
RE: Suit You - The CJ Fuller Mix - by CJ Fuller - 27-07-2017, 05:18 PM