Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On The Line.
Hi,

for the kick you're right ! .... I didn't touch it, it seems to me that the drummers did the job right to go quiet in the beginning and on the way to the end of the song he brings the climax, it makes the song fell like a journey with a climax and a release. The kick comes to split the song in two parts and when it enter add a bit of "drama". That's why I just did a little comp (&eq) just to get the biggest transient to be quieter. (I'm french I sometime have difficulty to express myself the way I want in english) And feel like I should save his playing and crescendo. I did the same with comps, for the overall song, not to much (I tried haha).

for the cellos it's a choice to have them in front (more than the drums in the beginning so that they do the rhythmic part) with the guitare just behind and sometimes the mandolins take the place of the cellos. and the guitare go forth and back.

That was a choice and you're again right it's all up to taste.

I really do appreciate you're feedback, both of you, that made me dig deeper into it. By re-listening I think, there must be a fifth between the "3" & "4", It seems to me the bass is a bit loud in the 4 and a bit thin in the 3.

thank you

Messages In This Thread
On The Line. - by renny - 29-06-2017, 02:37 PM
RE: On The Line. - by Vibhu Dixit - 03-07-2017, 07:31 PM
RE: On The Line. - by renny - 03-07-2017, 07:57 PM
RE: On The Line. - by renny - 04-07-2017, 09:36 AM
RE: On The Line. - by renny - 04-07-2017, 09:37 AM
RE: On The Line. - by LukasL - 04-07-2017, 09:49 AM
RE: On The Line. - by renny - 04-07-2017, 09:28 PM