Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Perpetual Escape: 'Into My Dreams' kapu mix
(24-07-2017, 10:14 PM)Mandubien Wrote: Hey Kapu Smile [...]

Thanks! I've been experimenting with the tracks and I think I'll go for a totally different type of sound with the drums gated to the sound of artificiality, distorted bass etc, smaller, more dry sound.

One thing I can't get my head around is the lead guitars, not just in this project but in general. For me especially the lead melody guitars usually sound just noise or some weirdly dissonant distortion mainly after 1-2 kHz. Probably due to the internal cone distortion thing or something. But anyway, for me to get the lead guitar to sound "acceptable" I usually take a lot of high frequencies off, and this moves the lead guitars always "back" as it apparently simulates the high frequency diffusion of distant sound sources in natural environment, or something like that. If there's any neat tricks to make lead guitars more forward without them upper middles drilling through the skull I'm open to all suggestions. ^_^

Messages In This Thread
RE: Perpetual Escape: 'Into My Dreams' kapu mix - by kapu - 25-07-2017, 01:48 PM