Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Suit You "Live from the Studio"
With this track I went for a hybrid sort of mix, half live and half studio. Everything is bussed to a "Room" track to give the illusion of the band being in a live room but there are some "studio magic" moments (woo, quotation marks Big Grin) to spice things up. This band would really benefit from a Mutt Lange style of production ala Back in Black or For Those About to Rock, produced and clean but still with some dirt ground in, at least in my opinion.

There's some tweaking to be done but overall I happy with the way it's turned out, I need some unbiased ears to listen to it and tell me what could be improved.

Cheers,
Doug

Update: The guitarshave been thinned out abit and I used some multiband compression on the bass to even it out a bit more. The snare and kick now have some tape saturation on them to smooth them out and add character. During the second verse the piano is featured more to change things up.

.mp3    Suit You Mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 5 MB)

.mp3    Suit You Mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 5.04 MB)

Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6

Messages In This Thread
Suit You "Live from the Studio" - by dcp10200 - 19-06-2017, 06:07 PM
RE: Suit You "Live from the Studio" - by Roy - 19-06-2017, 06:36 PM
RE: Suit You "Live from the Studio" - by dcp10200 - 20-06-2017, 04:34 AM