Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Fergessen - Back From The Start - Joe P mix
Ok, this one was better than "the wind"
Here's a 320kbps mix with a limiter for volume's sake (I don't think I degraded the signal, but let me know if you hear anything).
Still don't have a handle on EQing dual vocals on a single track.
I almost didn't think the whole song was here because the shakers go on for another four beats (I cut that off). You'll hear the vocal delay tail I put on the end (read below).

DRUMS
- Lots of drum tracks to mess around with but hardly needed them all.
- I have some subtle stuff going on in the snare parallel chain (delay, fuzz).

RHODES
- spread this one out a bit into three channels. lower end in the middle and two tracks hard panned with higher end info, offset a few ms. Comes through nice.

GUITAR
- best sounding track on this song. I didn't spend a ton of time on it. I should have multed it to get better control over it but just rode the fader instead. Very dynamic track. I could have done way better. It kinda get lost. Maybe I'll dig back in later.

DJEMBE
- sounded nasty, now it sounds slightly less nasty

VOCALS
- there's a delay with a steady amount of feedback throughout the whole thing automated to cut off at the end. Long reverb as well.

BACKUPS
- fuzzed em up. gated em.

BASS
- bass was like a lead instrument in this song. I took that track pushed it close to the front (it was hard to not push it too loud). Automated in a slightly fuzzed out delay that give a shout in the right channel.

ACOUSTIC
- not totally steady with the kick and kept being distracting. I think I straightened it out. Also doubled/widened.

Interesting how many folks had such a dry take on this song. I totally would have never thought of doing that. Some of them were very good. A lot of them did quite well with the vocals, I might dig back in a give the vox a little more effort if I have a few minutes (...hours).

.mp3    Back From The Start - limit.mp3 --  (Download: 6.34 MB)

soundcloud.com/joepalumbo

Messages In This Thread
Fergessen - Back From The Start - Joe P mix - by joepalumbo - 03-07-2013, 05:14 AM