Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Help needed -Duty&Memories mix
(07-06-2017, 07:04 AM)Mandubien Wrote: Hi there ! I'm PE's drummer and mix engineer

You achieved a well balanced mix, congrats ! The guitars drive the song all along.

Thanks, Right now I'm working on trying to get my drums, bass and GT sounds together. I hope the new things I'm experimenting with are going to help my mixes get to the next level.

Quote:Choruses sound much darker and less stereo that verses. Is that on purpose ? It's probably coming from the lack of keys during the choruses.

Yes at this point it was what was working sound wise, but not sure once I get the vocals added in things might change. I would like too of heard maybe some keys or something in the chorus' but maybe i can do something more with the guitar sound tho as you said ." You can play with the stereo of the guitars or maybe make them more aggressive ? "

Quote: I really like the drum FX you added here and there. Nice touch Smile

I did add some delay with 4 different setting along with panning also verb to the drums track but there was some good stuff already there tho.

Quote:The bass is a bit rumbling in the lows. You can tame it with a compressor or a multiband compressor. I feel a constant "Rrrmmmm" at 100-120 Hz I would say.

Thanks I will look in to the bass sound some more.

Quote:The lead guitar at the end should be louder. I can barely hear it.

Sorry I should of added that also ,I just brought the fader up didn't do anything yet to it.

Hey, thanks again for the listen.

Messages In This Thread
Help needed -Duty&Memories mix - by jerze - 06-06-2017, 10:23 PM
RE: Help needed -Duty&Memories mix - by Mandubien - 07-06-2017, 07:04 AM
RE: Help needed -Duty&Memories mix - by jerze - 08-06-2017, 12:42 AM