Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Suit You, Suit Me, Suit Everybody
(14-06-2017, 03:55 PM)tjmtruth Wrote: Hey Dave.....listening to version 2. Man, you got a real sort of "live" sound there....NICE! It feels like a concert in Central Park in the 70's....took me right back there! I don't know if it was your intent to make it sound like a concert setting but it does with the possible exception of the vocal. In other words, the whole band has that wet sound but the vocals are dry by comparison, but that is minor indeed. This song was a challenge wasn't it? I mean, the tracks were very clear so in order to make it really rock lots of tricks were needed, which I hear in all our mixes, including saturation, heavier levels of compression, etc. Overall your mix brought a nice smile to my face....great job!

Tom
P.S. Going to listen to Don's version and see if he's got a nice beater going....and I'll check his bass.....lolololol!

Thanks Tom, I'm not sure it was my intent, more so just following my ears and trying to set the foundation quickly and going from there. I can agree with the band vs vocal thing. If I go back into this mix I will try and balance this up a bit more taking into account this and the other comments made here with some tweaks. That been said, I should be able to walk away with a say no more "Super Mix"..... That would be nice. In my dreams.....

Oh yeah, I'm very envious of Don's drum mixing ability as a whole. His snare sounds are always sooo nice. Maybe it's his NS10's but more likely his brilliance.

Messages In This Thread
Suit You, Suit Me, Suit Everybody - by Dangerous - 06-06-2017, 11:35 AM
RE: Suit You, Suit Me, Suit Everybody - by Roy - 07-06-2017, 01:49 PM
RE: Suit You, Suit Me, Suit Everybody - by kapu - 13-06-2017, 06:51 AM
RE: Suit You, Suit Me, Suit Everybody - by thedon - 13-06-2017, 11:59 AM
RE: Suit You, Suit Me, Suit Everybody - by Roy - 13-06-2017, 03:04 PM
RE: Suit You, Suit Me, Suit Everybody - by Cudjoe - 13-06-2017, 04:43 PM
RE: Suit You, Suit Me, Suit Everybody - by Roy - 14-06-2017, 02:27 PM
RE: Suit You, Suit Me, Suit Everybody - by Dangerous - 15-06-2017, 01:21 PM