Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HammerDown Mixbus mix
Hello there, Pro-Doucher here,

I've recently been getting into mixing recordings. I used to do a few live gigs every now and then but nothing to do with recordings. I thought I'd try some of these free multi-tracks to mix and on the list of new uploads this was the song that caught by attention even though I'm not familiar with the genre.

I just got Mixbus version 4 and this is my first mix with that DAW. Overall it was pretty fun but Mixbus is plagued with performance issues. Every time I seemed to be getting into the mix, mixbus would just start getting choppy and became really hard to work with. Its so frustrating because it could be such an awesome DAW!

I'm just going to upload what Ive managed to come up with. Its about 4-5 hours of work. All EQs and comps are those that come with Mixbus (not the 32c version) apart from the free Tokyo Dawn Labs Kotelnikov Bus comp (Only using about 3dB reduction). Mixbus has a limiter built in to the masterbus but I'm not quite sure how it works, I just drive into it a bit. Only other plugin I used was the Klanghelm VUMT which are just meters but they're are fun to use.

Any advice and constructive criticism is welcome.

Pro-Doucher

.mp3    HammerDOWN_HammerDOWN mixbus 1_session.mp3 --  (Download: 11.45 MB)

Messages In This Thread
HammerDown Mixbus mix - by Pro-doucher - 03-06-2017, 05:32 AM
RE: HammerDown Mixbus mix - by molonlabe23 - 03-06-2017, 10:45 PM
RE: HammerDown Mixbus mix - by Pro-doucher - 04-06-2017, 10:57 AM
RE: HammerDown Mixbus mix - by Blitzzz - 04-06-2017, 12:05 PM