Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hammer Down Mix
Hmm... I think the highs are quite right.

There are some quite strong resonances between 2k and 5k. I think it's mostly from guitars, but cymbals and vocals could also be 'clashing' there. I'm usually against being really specific, as 'everything affects everything', but I'd suggest you could try taking about 6 dBs off the lead vocals (at least in the verse part) around 2.3k with narrowish Q/bandwith, and similarly from main guitars at 3.6k and 5k. Something seems to be resonating pretty constantly between 700-800 Hz, probably the synths. A cut to the overheads around 2.8k could also be useful. Of course readjusting the levels would be necessary also.

I attached a small demo. It begins with the changes I'd make, and then switches back and forth with your sound. I eq'd it as described and then applied some slow multiband compression to compensate, and tried to level match with the original. Of course applying strong eq processing on the mix sort of 'kills' the sound, but I think you'll get the point, and maybe hunt down these frequencies at track or group level. Or if you think your original tone sounds better, then go with it. ^_^

.m4a    imagine.m4a --  (Download: 1.59 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Hammer Down Mix - by Imagine Mix Studio - 09-04-2017, 01:49 AM
RE: Hammer Down Mix - by kapu - 09-04-2017, 04:50 AM
RE: Hammer Down Mix - by Imagine Mix Studio - 09-04-2017, 05:24 AM
RE: Hammer Down Mix - by kapu - 09-04-2017, 06:22 AM