Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flames
I don't know what's up with the guitar trks but I found them to be the most troubling. Phasing issues made for a difficult mix. Trying to find the right tone to cut through without being to abrasive was the challenge. I tried to mix the amped guitar track but it wasn't happening. I finally decided on Peavey Revalver for my tone.

Second thing I did was replace the kick and snare because they were too tight and not very punchy.

This mix is a headphone mix and I did not check it on my monitors yet, so I'm not too sure about the low end. So it may drive your sub pretty hard.

I also noticed that the cleaner I made this mix the more flaws in the recording/performance popped out, so I decided to add dirt and lots of compression.

UPDATE: I remove the second rhythm guitar and panned it slightly off center. The only thing I am pleased with about this mix are the vocals and there probably too loud anyway.

This is one of those mixes where I find myself stuck in the undertow. So that being said, I think I have to walk away for now and do something else with my time.

UPDATE: Mixprint_3 I started over with the most of the drums/bass/guitars I also dialed back on the ambient time based plugins (but not by much) I think I'm making some progress.

This is a big ambient mix so be warned.

Feedback welcome.

Cheers.

.mp3    Flames_Mixdown.mp3 --  (Download: 12.48 MB)

.mp3    Flames_Mixprint_2.mp3 --  (Download: 12.86 MB)

.mp3    Flames_Mixprint_3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.45 MB)

My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1

Messages In This Thread
Flames - by wesleyamltd - 16-03-2017, 02:58 AM
RE: Flames - by dcp10200 - 16-03-2017, 02:29 PM
RE: Flames - by wesleyamltd - 16-03-2017, 03:15 PM
RE: Flames - by AndyGallas - 16-03-2017, 05:16 PM
RE: Flames - by wesleyamltd - 16-03-2017, 05:31 PM