Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ronnie Jones: 'Why Don't You Stay'
(15-03-2017, 01:51 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Listening to 2b now. Before coffee. Here's what I hear.
-Is there some modulation on the opening lead guitar? It feels a little wobbly, pitch wise. Maybe it's just like that and I never noticed.
-The main electric on the left feels a little to dry and apart from the mix. Maybe it could come back a notch.
-I think the vocal could come up. Especially in the chorus. It 'melts' into the background vocals. I think it should still be in focus during the chorus. Also, I think the vocal coming up would balance out the center of the image with the sides. I like the width of the mix but it just needs a little more weight in the center and the vocal would fit the bill.
-It feels a little dry overall. I think the staccato guitar parts give it a bit of an edge and "sharpness" that could be softened with some reverb or delay.

Overall it sounds pretty good and is a step up from the first version. Like the tones of everything. It feels smooth but not weak.

I glad you listened before the coffee.lolBig Grin Thanks for the input!
I feel somehow I'm not giving this one the time it deserves. I have made some more moves (mix#3) based on your thoughts as I do agree with them. I have basically tried to tie it together a bit better overall with this in mind.

ThanksBig Grin

Messages In This Thread
Ronnie Jones: 'Why Don't You Stay' - by Dangerous - 04-03-2017, 07:56 AM
RE: Ronnie Jones: 'Why Don't You Stay' - by Roy - 04-03-2017, 02:50 PM
RE: Ronnie Jones: 'Why Don't You Stay' - by Roy - 15-03-2017, 01:51 PM
RE: Ronnie Jones: 'Why Don't You Stay' - by Dangerous - 17-03-2017, 11:11 AM