Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Left Blind - Hard Mix - No Drum Samples
This song/mix is not for those with a weak constitution. It's very difficult and I now feel that I've progressed far enough to be able to mix this and even still I feel like it's missing something.

And like I put in the subject I used no drum samples so I feel proud about that with how the drums sound.

Any comments are welcome Big Grin

Edit:
To think that only 6 months later, I have "improved" my mixing/mastering a lot.

Just listening side by side there's a big difference in the sound. Most noticeably the drums are lot more punchier, and the just the mix overall sounds better. And again no samples on this one. I like to think that even drums that aren't recorded all that well can be used, it provides a nice challenge to get them to sound good.

Edit January 2018: Its great being a mixer, always learning more and more. so after 5 months made this mix even better ;P
Also there is one sample now, its a kick sample to help the punch on the kick. (This kick sound is starting to become my signature sound cx)

4/14/2018: I changed back the kick as it suited this song better and came through the mix better. Also changed up the guitars some, more of just changing the EQ. And tried some new plugins on vocals.

.mp3    Hollow Ground - Left Blind.mp3 --  (Download: 5.91 MB)

.mp3    Hollow Ground - Left Blind (New Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 5.91 MB)

.mp3    Hollow Ground - Left Blind (2018).mp3 --  (Download: 5.91 MB)

.mp3    Hollow Ground - Ill Fate (2018 v2).mp3 --  (Download: 4.84 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Left Blind - Hard Mix - No Drum Samples - by OmegaTheRed - 27-02-2017, 01:26 AM