Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
Why Don't You Stay (All tracks mixed with analog EQ/COMP) || Mix - ANALOG SUMMING
I just want to preface this by saying this is a good sounding mix. That said, I think we're not being totally helpful in making it better. I have a couple of minor issues.
-It feels a little "grainy" to me. I'm betting it might be the mp3 or conversion.
-It could have more dynamics. It's a little flat sounding. I wish the chorus 'bloomed' a little more. Just get a little bigger. It sounds like a bunch of great sounding elements balanced well but I think it could be more musical and support the story of the song more. I think there can be another one or two effects in the song that just catch the listener's ear some more. Nothing too dramatic.

Don't misunderstand. I think this is a great mix (certainly better than any of mine) but I think with some tweaks you can take it to the next level. You already have a great ear for making the parts sound great. Now think about the emotional level.
I'm just trying to push you a little further.

Hope that helps.
Roy
It doesn't have to sound good. People just need to think it sounds good.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Don't You Stay (All tracks mixed with analog EQ/COMP) || Mix - ANALOG SUMMING - by Roy - 14-02-2017, 07:07 PM