Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix of Diesel 13 - Colour Me Red
V2 sounds really good. Some very minor things jump out at me that are really just a matter of taste and probably wouldn't eve mention if the mix wasn't already really good.

I think the kick sounds a little too modern compared to everything else with a little too much point. If it were only a little fatter and old school it would really complement the song. Especially in the verses. It could really be a nice focal part of those sections. I never gave the kick too much thought in this song but those kicks in the verse could really be another bit of ear candy. A little more "Stones".

The bass may be just this side of too fat. Maybe in the upper lows 150hz area.

The vocal feels back. This song could support a louder vocal. One thing that always trick my ear on this one is the opening "mmmms" they're just louder than the rest of the vocal (at least 'on tape') and in this song that part feels right, level wise, and the rest of the vocal could come up to match that balance. If that makes sense.

In the end it's a really good sounding mix and pleasing to listen to. Anything I mentioned are minor and just a matter of taste as opposed to any being a problem.

Cheers.

Messages In This Thread
My mix of Diesel 13 - Colour Me Red - by thetanks - 24-11-2016, 08:20 PM
RE: My mix of Diesel 13 - Colour Me Red - by Roy - 24-11-2016, 08:35 PM
RE: My mix of Diesel 13 - Colour Me Red - by Shul - 24-11-2016, 10:57 PM
RE: My mix of Diesel 13 - Colour Me Red - by Shul - 26-11-2016, 09:13 AM
RE: My mix of Diesel 13 - Colour Me Red - by Roy - 26-11-2016, 03:20 PM