Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Still flying - this song needs the full Joey Sturgis Treatment =)
Sounds great so far, this one is pretty tricky to mix (I gave up on it and now I'm returning to it again after listening to the official mix and now knowing where to line everything up Big Grin) and instrumentally it has that URM sound, pretty much a commercial level mix without vocals. Personally I'd like more reverb on the snare and toms just to get them bigger sounding, more of a personal thing really but they do sound quite punchy. A subdrop or explosion sound effect would be cool for those single floor tom hits, I know that Joey does that from time to time for some added impact in certain sections of tracks.

Cheers, can't wait for the vocals,
Dcp

Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6

Messages In This Thread
RE: Still flying - this song needs the full Joey Sturgis Treatment =) - by dcp10200 - 11-11-2016, 09:01 PM