Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colour Me Red by Diesel13 (jp65535)
(03-11-2016, 12:23 PM)joelonsdale Wrote: The intro guitar doesn't feel attached to the vinyl crackle - the guitar sounds 'better' than the crackles suggest it should! When the music kick in, it sounds significantly smaller than the intro, which is counter-intuitive. I think the vocal distortion is great, but the rest of the musical instrumentation is treated very softly so they don't sound like they belong together. If you treated the other instruments more aggressively it would work better I think. The backing vocals are really triggering your master-bus compression - so rethink your mastering chain a little. Otherwise - sounds great!

Joe, thanks for the comments. I think I fixed that intro so it makes more sense. Of course, since I posted the original I've learned that this effect is about as obvious and overdone as a rim-shot after a bad joke. Well, at least I can say I tried it.
As suggested I re-evaluated the mix-bus compression. It's gone. Created a sub-group for the bass & drums and setup the multi-band compressor there. I think it makes a difference. Thanks again for your help. I've uploaded mix v1.1 with the changes. I think it's an improvement. ~jp65535

Messages In This Thread
Colour Me Red by Diesel13 (jp65535) - by jp65535 - 02-11-2016, 04:01 AM
RE: Colour Me Red by Diesel13 (jp65535) - by jp65535 - 18-11-2016, 05:35 AM