Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patrick Talbot: "Blue" Mixed by: Tevin Turner
Hey Tevin, there's some really cool things in your mix! Smile
I like the tone of the bass, you achieved a very round but present tone. The rhythm guitar is sound nice and wide as well.
What I feel would need more attention is the lead vocal, which sounds rather dry and perhaps too close, compared to the "band". There's also some tone issues to some phrases (which I admit is totally there in the sources, but could perhaps be addressed a little better, possibly with a dynamic EQ). The bgvs are nice and soft, although at first I thought they were a little bit too much effected, if you see what I mean.
Finally the drums, I find the snare and kick in particular a little bit too compressed and too much in your face, I think they would benefit from being pushed back a little and perhaps less loud?
Perhaps what's missing with drums and vocals is a pinch of room/hall reverb to place them along with the rest of the band...
Anyway, that's just some pointers, overall, you did a find job, this one is not as easy as it looks at first, and you did well!
Good luck with your studies! Smile
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patrick Talbot: "Blue" Mixed by: Tevin Turner - by ptalbot - 02-11-2016, 04:35 AM