Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Triviul - Angelsaint (M&F)
Blimey -- that's a pretty brutal vision! Not that I don't like it. On the contrary, it's very much in the spirit of the music, and I love what you've done in terms of unapologetically bringing out all the grimy details of the violin, SFX, and drums. I love hearing all that stuff. Glad you liked that middle section too -- it's actually one of the moments I'm most happy with in anything I've written, so I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes it! Smile

The only real criticism I have would be with the bass. When I put the track together, I deliberately programmed that bass synth as a counterpoint to the vocal, and there's very much a musical conversation going on there. In this mix, though, the bass feels too recessed for me, so that the vocal dominates the conversation too much -- it's like it's shouting down the bass, if you see what I mean. Feels like a bit of a shame, somehow, because the music seems to lose a bit of its expressiveness/tension as a result. But maybe I'm just too wedded to the bass because it took absolutely ages to program... Smile

Thanks again for posting!

Messages In This Thread
Triviul - Angelsaint (M&F) - by Digitaldruglord - 07-10-2016, 05:39 AM
RE: Triviul - Angelsaint (M&F) - by Mike Senior - 07-10-2016, 06:57 AM
RE: Triviul - Angelsaint (M&F) - by jeffd42 - 09-10-2016, 02:33 AM