Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Souf (South) of da (of the) Waw-uh (Water)
(06-09-2016, 02:55 AM)JadeWilliamson Wrote: Well, my foot has been placed firmly in my mouth Blush

I've never heard of that method. So what I'm gathering is that it's essentially an impulse just to give Trigger, Drumagog, etc, something to read where hits go? When I heard it I just assumed it was a terribly recorded kick drum that needed to go.

Pretty much, although it's pretty bizarre that they didn't include triggers for the rest of the drums as well. I use a free program called kt drum trigger to fire triggers into EZDrummer 2 personally, but Slate Trigger or Drumagog are also great for this purpose.

On the other hand, the current kick sound here is more convincing than others who used the kick trigger tracks as the kick for the mix but replacing it with a sample would help the bottom end of Brandon's mix alot

Cheers,
Dcp
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6

Messages In This Thread
RE: Souf (South) of da (of the) Waw-uh (Water) - by dcp10200 - 06-09-2016, 10:23 AM