Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Corine, Corine" - What a massive difference!
(05-09-2016, 01:49 AM)JadeWilliamson Wrote: Huge difference! I love the drum overheads! There's a lot of eagerness and excitement there. I think the vocal could still be a bit brighter, maybe a slower attack time to let those consonants pop through. I also feel like the guitar could be brought down to make some room down the center. It feels a little loud for a swing band like this. Guitar is really there just to be there in my opinion.
Most of my critiques were presence. You did a great job.

Thanks for the feedback! I decided that I wanted to make this mix sound "modern", so I spent a considerable amount of time cutting out the bleed in the various tracks so everything could cut through as cleanly as possible, and I also looked up some pictures of this band's live set so I could get a good idea of their vision with the song. The end result (according to my ears) was very breathy.

The vocals were interesting the second time mixing this song. I tend to mix the vocals last in tracks like this, and that's what I did this go-round. When I got to the vocals, they sat so well in the mix that I almost didn't touch them. I ended up just hi-passing them (as per the usual) and running them through a warm compressor simply for the color. My monitors run cold so to speak, so the high end sounded just right to me. Our monitoring is probably different too. Variance is a beauty of engineering right? Big Grin

As far as the guitar goes, I found it added a nice groove to the song. My musical tastes lie primarily in guitar heavy music, so I couldn't let it go unheard.

Again, thanks! Glad to hear some comments on this.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Corine, Corine" - What a massive difference! - by Jwood - 05-09-2016, 08:48 AM