Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burning Bridges by Dark Ride
Hi Shul,

Thanks for the advice, I think I found out what I was doing. When I was "bouncing", or "mixing" down my tracks to a wave file, I was using all the tracks, instead of just the buses and master bus. Pretty big mistake on my part. I got trapped into hearing that bigger sound, so I thought I was doing something good. But today when I revisited this song after reading your assessment, I started messing around with things and realized you were right. I am using samples on the kick and the snare, but I never muted the original track, I was blending them so to speak, but I never thought about phase at all. I've reduced them to one track now for kick and snare, I'm hearing things in the song I never heard before, so that tells me I'm moving in the right direction. I also added some 250 to 300 htz to the guitars. What happens there is I am forced to mix on a pair of AKG K702's, they're awesome headphones, but you know what they say about mixing with headphones on. So, when I move things over to my Ozone 6, I use my Sennheisers, because my mixes on the AKG's always seem mid heavy. So on the Sennhiesers I thought I would get a more balanced mix, but I should have referenced it on more systems before throwing it on here. I guess there's a reason I never feel done with a mix, it's because I'm not..LOL So anyway, I am moving toward the buses to the master now and muting all the other tracks. When I did this, my whole mix changed, I knew I had more work to do when I heard that. I had to reroute some of the other lead guitar tracks. I had gotten lazy while organizing my tracks and had to many guitar tracks heading to one bus. So once that was done, I had to start remixing, and finding space and balance. This process has kind of opened up the mix a bit..?? If that makes sense. Anyway, I'm long winded, I could talk about this stuff all night. Once I get it done, I will re-post. Thanks again.

Messages In This Thread
Burning Bridges by Dark Ride - by WGMJ - 24-05-2016, 12:55 AM
RE: Burning Bridges by Dark Ride - by Shul - 24-05-2016, 02:42 AM
RE: Burning Bridges by Dark Ride - by WGMJ - 25-05-2016, 12:17 AM