Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phre The Eon: 'Everybody's Falling Apart' - Mixed by Qubis
Here is my take on the track. This is my first time mixing something isn't mine and isn't electronic music so this was an interesting experience. I didn't read anything about the stems beforehand and just went straight into it. Personally, I think I did a fairly decent job considering this is my first time mixing something different and I hope you'll forgive me for using closed-back headphones. I don't get studio time anywhere and I don't have the money to do so either.

Personally, I could have done a better job with the bass. Like the sticky thread says, they used a sub to lay under which I should have done too but I didn't. I balanced the kick drum more toward the outside since I prefer the thump that comes from there rather than the inside which is out of tune and I personally just don't like the sound of it. Also, my job on the vocals is probably terrible. I can hear noticeable phasing due to the way I mixed two versions of the same vocal track together; terribly. This is also the first time mixing vocals at all so that would explain that.

I hope you enjoy my interpretation on the song and I hope someone will take the time to give me some criticism as I am looking into getting into the studio side of music; I'll be doing a studio course in uni next year.

.mp3    Phre The Eon - Everybody\'s Falling Apart.mp3 --  (Download: 8.56 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Phre The Eon: 'Everybody's Falling Apart' - Mixed by Qubis - by qubis - 15-03-2016, 10:01 PM