Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Set Me Free (In a Far Away Land)
Another great composition and arrangement by Mr. Talbot.

I tried not to fall into my 1980's fall back EQ curve but I'm not sure I succeeded. Nonetheless, I think I came up with something enjoyable. As with many of Patrick's songs they sound good pretty much no matter what you do to them.

So the first trick was taking the stereo keyboards and flipping the phase of one of the sides. This spread the track out nicely. When the keyboard solo came in I flipped it back to center it and automated some gain. This was a bit tricky as the keyboard solo also required different EQ than the ensemble keys. Tell me what you think. The horns I lushed into a big preset for horns which I stayed stock with out of my Presonus catalogue. A bit of grove delay and compression on the guitar solo and that came into focus for me. I know some of you folks hate this, but I did put reverb on the bass and in-line reverb on the drums. Don't be hatin!

I've got an extended version of this piece coming at some point. I need to figure out some transitions in it before posting it up.

Please enjoy and let me know what you think.

.mp3    Patrick Talbot - Set Me Free.mp3 --  (Download: 11.02 MB)

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
Set Me Free (In a Far Away Land) - by Mixinthecloud - 08-03-2016, 05:31 AM
RE: Set Me Free (In a Far Away Land) - by ptalbot - 11-03-2016, 02:14 AM
RE: Set Me Free (In a Far Away Land) - by ptalbot - 12-03-2016, 02:56 AM