Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sleep by the Fire, Bloom in Water - Friggy MixV1
Wanted to come back to this song and see how it would sound with a new mix. Interesting to hear the different approaches to everything.

Old mix might as well just be drums, and pretty scooped. Low end is pretty messy and unmanaged. Funny how it sounds decent on the same old computer speakers, but doesn't hold up at all to any pro mix on my monitors.

New mix keeps a lot more midrange energy, drums and low end stay consistent. I think everything is better balanced, guitars are actually part of the song now.

Code:
Hey guys, first time posting here. Just found this site about a week or two ago and its awesome to see all the songs available to mix.

This song is really catchy and was fun to work on. Majority of the mix was done last night so I was just using my tiny desktop computer speakers. Always fun to see how much groundwork can be laid out with those.

Need to check on actual monitors either tonight or tomorrow and hear everything that needs to be fixed. But for now i'll throw this first "cheapo speaker" mix up here. :blush:

.mp3    SBTFBIW Friggy v1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.57 MB)

.mp3    2020 - SleepByTheFire MixV1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.57 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Sleep by the Fire, Bloom in Water - Friggy MixV1 - by Friggy - 28-01-2016, 12:04 AM