Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEARS IN THE RAIN-ROD ALEXANDER
More reverb could help. You could also try coupling a reverb with something like a short delay. The reverb will give you the ambiance of a room but the delay will simulate the reflections off the walls that a room mic would naturally pick up. Keep it up though sounds good!

(22-01-2016, 08:53 AM)Shul Wrote:
(22-01-2016, 08:33 AM)Ohbeejuan Wrote: Hey nice mix. It's smooth and feels right. Sometimes that's easier said than done so kudos. I just had a brief thought on the drums. It sounds like everything was mic'd really closely and it feels like it is missing the reflections that would naturally occur in the room with a drum set. it just sounds a bit sterile in other words. I'd try bussing your drums to an aux track and working with different reverbs to bring the room back a bit.

Hey man Thanks for listening!! Smile

You are right on the room of the drums. The tracks are samples(original tracks). I did send them through a bus with verb to compensate for the lack of life but it's not the same as if you were to record the Overheads or Room with an actual mic. Perhaps more reverb?

Messages In This Thread
TEARS IN THE RAIN-ROD ALEXANDER - by Shul - 22-01-2016, 05:27 AM
RE: TEARS IN THE RAIN-ROD ALEXANDER - by Shul - 22-01-2016, 07:23 AM
RE: TEARS IN THE RAIN-ROD ALEXANDER - by Shul - 22-01-2016, 08:53 AM
RE: TEARS IN THE RAIN-ROD ALEXANDER - by Ohbeejuan - 24-01-2016, 11:14 AM
RE: TEARS IN THE RAIN-ROD ALEXANDER - by Shul - 24-01-2016, 10:38 PM