Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rough mix - drums finished
(06-11-2015, 10:22 PM)krashgotovac Wrote: Hey, thanks for the listen man! Some really good constructive criticism in there. Ill try dealing back a couple of the hi-pass eq's i have on those rhythm elements. I agree the bass is a little loud i just need to balance out my mid/sub bus's a bit better in the mix. I hear what you mean by the snare being distant, I kind of wanted to just emphasis the room sound on the kit and get a really big sound, i probably just need to dial back my parallel distortion/compression a bit. I did find that snare track to be tough to fatten out however. Ill see if i can come up with something. I think i might be able to get away with some more lower frequencies with a tiny bit of side chain comp on the low end maybe?

Anyways thanks for the feedback, ill see what i can do to get the rest of those instruments sparkling and post an update!

This is just a basic insight.
I had an idea at the beginning to make the mix in old school style with slight hard panning and mono reverb to give impression of a big stage with distinctively grouped instruments and maybe vintage distortion effect on a vocal but I'm not sure if it will fit this song and this style and if the raw tracks will be suitable for it without any reference or suggestion of a band.

Messages In This Thread
Rough mix - drums finished - by krashgotovac - 02-11-2015, 11:16 PM
RE: Rough mix - drums finished - by sysrq - 06-11-2015, 03:21 PM
RE: Rough mix - drums finished - by krashgotovac - 06-11-2015, 10:22 PM
RE: Rough mix - drums finished - by sysrq - 07-11-2015, 01:57 AM