Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Matterplay - (BoB TalkShow Mix)
Cheers for taking time out to listen Andrea.
Song has potential. A lot. Was trying to make it edgy for an Indie feel. The Guitars are great, sound good. Well played throughout. Vocals are like Nosferatu fronting a rock band, seedy and perverted. That's the way I wanted to go. I am working on it from fresh at the moment, in between other mixes and will hopefully do it justice.
It isnt as simple as slapping an EQ and Compressor on the channels. A lot of editing of the multitracks and cleaning them up, along with reorganising the audio. Resampling and overdubs of parts of the Drums. Think I rushed it with the two mixes I done. Wanted to get it out there. But experience of learning by mistakes is what its all about. Think I can nail it. Give me a week to mix it properly.
In relation to the Official mix. My personal opinion is it sounds like it's in a fish tank, or as I put it, up a Hippos arse..ha ha. It was a bit harsh I admit. But seeing as it was mixed by Mike Senior, who I've never heard of by the way, having even listened to some of the albums he's supposedly worked on, I thought it was too flabby and hard to concentrate on any given part, like hearing it on a bad trip. Everything gets lost. Maybe thats what he was going for. I dont know. Them Guitars drive the chorus and so they should. Haven't heard another mix that pushes them upfront. This is Rock not the Sugar babes. Ha ha ha.
Anyways, take it easy. Gimme a week to get it right.
Cheers
James, London

Messages In This Thread
Matterplay - (BoB TalkShow Mix) - by James Cullis - 29-10-2015, 01:23 AM
RE: Matterplay - (BoB TalkShow Mix) - by Tuyop - 29-10-2015, 03:12 PM
RE: Matterplay - (BoB TalkShow Mix) - by kapu - 01-11-2015, 11:11 PM
RE: Matterplay - (BoB TalkShow Mix) - by James Cullis - 13-11-2015, 08:58 PM