Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My go at 'Ill Fate'
There is some quite heavy processing on the vocals. First they are very slightly panned off center then on each of them there are:

- EQ: high pass, low mid cut, slight high boost and slight 1000 Hz boost.
- Fast compression with the neutral Calf compressor with only 1:1.9 ratio to even the levels a bit
- Compression and a bit coloration with the FC70 compressor from OvertoneDSP (Fairchild 670 emulation)
- Quite heavy tape saturation with the Calf Saturator (nearly all the way up)

On the vocal bus then:

- EQ with a little ditch at 850 (don't remember why, I think the vocals got in the way with an instrument)
- Another FC70 compressor with a slighty higher setting than the individual vocals to glue the two tracks together
- The free SlickEQ plugin (very sweet!) which has some internal EQ saturation and output saturation, but very very mellow. A slight boost at 2400 Hz and 9.1 kHz (2.1 and 2.7 dB) on the British setting and the "mellow" output stage. It adds some really nice colors and I use it nearly every time in mastering
- Two Calf Vintage Delays, one on 16th notes, one on 32nd notes with different offsets left and right. They are only slightly mixed in to give more ambience
- Calf Stereo Tools for stereo widening
- Just a bit of Calf Reverb

That's it.

Hope that helps,
Michael

Messages In This Thread
My go at 'Ill Fate' - by empower - 22-10-2015, 05:18 PM
RE: My go at 'Ill Fate' - by Boatsnhoes445 - 25-10-2015, 04:49 AM
RE: My go at 'Ill Fate' - by empower - 25-10-2015, 11:45 AM