Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Believe by I Am Cassettes - Really nice Song !
Hi guys,
this is my fourth mix on this board.
Feel free to check the other ones out, too Wink

I looked at the latest additions on the main paige an found that beautiful song, and decided to give it a go. Mostly basic mixing, volume, panorama, frequency wise etc...

As always in my mixes I try to make sure to get the best as possible out of the vocals, hope you like them

Drums sounded nice, didn't felt to be replaced, only a little love, like EQing and compressing

All in all, I didn't pushed the song to the limit (loudness-wise) to keep a little dynamics.

What I did in a list:
- Some basic EQs on the stems to clean up (Low/Hi Cuts etc.)
- Basic volume and panorama mixing (some automation on some group channels I created, so that the song is building up to the final)
- (Parallel)Compressed the drums
- Added a little room to the vocals to mix them better in
- Edited the vocal doublings to get them a bit tighter, cause the recordings were a bit off here and there.

All done in Cubase in approx 4-6 hrs

EDIT: Have to admit, that I have mixed the track with headphones, listened to it afterwards on some pretty decent Hi-Fi/Hometheather stereo speakers and adjusted the mix a little. As I just do this as a hobby I didn't yet invested in some studio monitors or at least monitor headphones, but maybe this christmas, who knows Big Grin

I really would like to get some comments from you guys and/or (constructive) criticism.

Regards,
Marcel

.mp3    i_am_cassettes_-_believe_final1_74.mp3 --  (Download: 5.98 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Believe by I Am Cassettes - Really nice Song ! - by marcelsemelka - 11-09-2015, 10:28 PM