Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
some comments on this track
Hi folks,
It's great to hear some nice mixing work going on here, and I hope you are enjoying this track. As you may know, I've yet to release it or even mix it myself, so I'm listening to what's being presented to hear different approaches.

I wanted to make a couple of comments.

First, some of you have noticed the challenges on the snare tracks. There are at least two times I'm aware of that the sound gets real thin for a short time. The drums were comped from a handful of takes and it seems there was some inconsistency in the miking between some of those takes. So feel free to deal with it as best you can, even if that means cutting and pasting measures. Or not. Within limits, a little inconsistency in sound doesn't bother me if the playing is good.

For your consideration, I had the idea to do a long fade out on the whole second half of the outro section, from the time drums go back to side-stick till the end. If anyone feels like trying that, I'd love to hear it. Long fades seem to have gone out of style, but I kinda like them.

I guess that's it for now. Feel free to ask questions, and I'll answer if possible. Have fun.
James May

Messages In This Thread
some comments on this track - by James May - 23-08-2015, 09:56 PM
RE: some comments on this track - by HbGuitar - 24-08-2015, 01:27 AM
RE: some comments on this track - by thetanks - 24-08-2015, 03:38 AM
RE: some comments on this track - by PeterEkberg - 24-08-2015, 08:44 AM
RE: some comments on this track - by kapu - 24-08-2015, 02:55 PM
RE: some comments on this track - by HbGuitar - 24-08-2015, 11:46 PM