Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Siren - Dance mix
Hey people, I know it's a little old song here, but I just discovered this multitrack library recently. Oh, sorry for the english, I'm brazilian.

For me, it was particularly a challenge, because I'm not a real mixer, nor have mixed anything real, just some little songs and instrumentals I make for myself. And using mostly stereo virtual instruments, I was afraid to struggle with the stereo stems. Other challenge was the genre. I don't listen to dance music frequently and my references are very old ones, in the "Disco Age". I listen more to 90's and 00's pop and R&B, so it influenced my mix.

I decided to give it a try because the lead vocal is awesome. The melody, the timbre, everything. So I tried to apply the Mariah Carey effect in the vocals. The harmony of the pre-chorus gave me the idea of the telephone effect, and the contrast it created with the chorus made me very happy Smile

One of the major things I try to bring to my mixes is mono compability. This was a very difficult track to do it while trying to sound full and wide, the most difficult part being the chorus.

I prefer to not change much of the arrangement with editing or cuts, because the producer must have had some intention in putting it there. But I just had to make the intro shorter, so I cutted it in half. And the outro was painfully boring, so I made, just for fun, a little guitar solo based in the verse melody. Hope you like it.

Well, now I want to hear what you have to say about my mix and what I could have done to improve it.

.mp3    Georgia Wonder - Siren.mp3 --  (Download: 13.39 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Siren - Dance mix - by GPassarelli - 24-06-2015, 07:07 AM
RE: Siren - Dance mix - by thedon - 24-06-2015, 11:06 AM
RE: Siren - Dance mix - by mick2015 - 24-06-2015, 12:38 PM