Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Love is Here to Stay iShouldBsleeping
First of all I need to say this was one of the most enjoyable and beautiful songs I've ever had the pleasure of mixing. I got chills many times during this project! Thanks to Mike Senior and Spektakulatius for making this available.

One thing I have to say is I am guilty of changing the sound a little bit.. I know Mike S. noted that the band was happy with the general tone/feel of the song before it was mixed, and if I was doing this for a client I would not veer from their vision, but I just lost myself in the music and had to put my touch on it.

Unfortunately my mixing environment isn't ideal.. untreated room, low quality monitors and headphones, but I'm still happy with the final product given what I have to work with.

I look forward to your feedback and comments, and please feel free to speak whatever's on your mind, I will not be offended at all. Thanks, and I look forward to listening to all of your mixes!

Chris

**Edit
After to listening to all of your mixes I'm able to see that I cut out way too much of the snare and it's ambience! Woops. Also My kick isn't present enough. All these different mixes are great help!

***Edit
So I tried to bring the snare back out more but I've done so much with this track I was only able to get a little bit back without changing the fundamentals of my mix. I also brought the kick back a little.

.mp3    Love is Here to Stay_Final_Final.mp3 --  (Download: 10.77 MB)

-MB Pro, Core i7, High Sierra
-Apollo Quad
-PT 12.8.3
-SSL X-Desk
-Neve 542, UBK Kush Electra, Pete's Place BAC 500 Compressors, DBX 165A, Eventide Omnipressor, SPL Transient Designer
-Amphion Two18
-Jim Williams Modded GFA-555
-Burl B2 Bomber ADC
-Crane Song Solaris DAC
-Sennheiser HD650

Messages In This Thread
Our Love is Here to Stay iShouldBsleeping - by iShouldBsleeping - 05-06-2015, 10:03 AM