Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Haunted Age with completely new recorded guitars, lots of samples, FX & synths.
I´m hearing a lot of bands like The Acacia Strain lately and I instantly fell in love with this deathcore song when I was listening to a mix from Pauli here on this forum. After downloading and checking the raw tracks for the first time I almost immediately had a "final version" of "Haunted Age" in my head.

Too bad that this song has serious problems: The original guitar tracks have MASSIVE tuning issues that I couldn't fix it with Melodyne. The drums are programmed from start to end and feel lifeless and the bass track has no character at all. The vocals are cool but the song is lacking a catchy chorus. The verse on the other side was quite strong so decided to mix "Haunted Age" just like it is and see where it takes me.

After spending several hours on my first mix I wasn't satisfied with the outcome. I had a much, much, MUCH more powerful version of this song in my head but unfortunately, there was no way to reach this goal with the original tracks.

So while listening to a Joey Sturgis podcast the other day I had the idea to re-record and re-arrange the whole thing. My main goals were:

- Build a more interesting song structure
- Add additional rhythm guitars to fill the gaps between the parts
- Add new samples/voices to tell some sort of story (in this case: a zombie outbreak from the view of a zombie Smile )
- Add catchy melodies/solos to support the mood/story of the song

I basically did everything to make this song better and take it all the way from a shitty home recording to a pro sounding production. I couldn't add any new vocals though so I had to use the existing vocal tracks to build a new, stronger chorus.

It took me about 12 hours to write and record new guitar tracks and completely rebuild and mix "Haunted Age", but I think it was worth it. Hope you like it too.

------------------------------
7.6.2017: Added a new mastered version called "Haunted Age - NEW MASTER.mp3" - have fun and tell me what you think =)

.mp3    Haunted Age - NEW MASTER.mp3 --  (Download: 9.81 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Haunted Age with completely new recorded guitars, lots of samples, FX & synths. - by Blitzzz - 23-05-2015, 03:26 AM