Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Christmas Blues - Olli H
THanks
(10-12-2015, 09:55 AM)azwayne Wrote: Great mix. Only thing I would suggest is more time with the deessers. That was a big challenge for me. Probably spent a full hour on just that and ended up using two per vocal, one HP and one BP focused on the worst bit (about 9k on him) and even then, he's hard to handle.

You right about esses. I forgot them as also Little Richard's esses were quite strong. Maybe I should also spend one hour with them. On the other hand, if it's too difficult to me, I'd prefer loud esses than poorly fixed esses.

(10-12-2015, 09:55 AM)azwayne Wrote: Sounds like you left this mix pretty dry, mostly using the ambiance that was already there?
Piano track had quite strong ambience. So I used reverbs only with guitar, sax and voice. And with voice mainly to establish the short distance from the mic.
There's some magical energy in that "Lucille" that I used as a reference. I was after a similar spacious dry sound, but I didn't succeed it the way I wanted to. ( In other words, I failed Smile )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jmNe77vces
Everything is done "wrongly" in that version but it still feels like a hit. That's something I'd love to learn: to break every rule and still make it sound magical to target audience.

Messages In This Thread
Christmas Blues - Olli H - by Olli H - 22-05-2015, 03:11 PM
RE: Christmas Blues - Olli H - by juanjose1967 - 11-06-2015, 06:18 PM
RE: Christmas Blues - Olli H - by Olli H - 12-06-2015, 03:49 PM
RE: Christmas Blues - Olli H - by azwayne - 10-12-2015, 09:55 AM
RE: Christmas Blues - Olli H - by Olli H - 10-12-2015, 11:54 AM