Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great song, brilliant vocal performance
First, thank you for your time and your input. Much obliged.

Now, I agree with everything you've said. Not because you're right, but because you're in a bad mood, and hopefully me agreeing will make you feel better ...

On a serious note, I actually agree with you in all you've said.

I've been paying too little attention to the lead vocal, which needs more detailed automation. As it is, it's too uneven, as you've mentioned. Do I think that a part of the issue is in the arrangement of the song.

I too struggle a llittle with the intelligibility. I tried to balance the vocal with focus entirely on intelligibillity , but all I got from that were a vocal so loud that even a deaf person would hear it. I guess, I should have EQ'ed more aggressively in the vocal domain.

It could breathe more. I too miss that. I suspect that it's an arrangement issue. In general, now it's getting all philosophical, I prefer that the breathing comes natural from the arrangement. In this particular song it doesn't really, so I've use dynamic panning and additional busses to create a feeling for width in certain places. I many ways, I feel that this is a rather undynamic song which obviously makes breathing a bit difficult. I mean, there are not a lot of elements to create this organic feeling.

The intro is very energetic and promising. However, I don't feel that the "promises" of the intro are being fulfilled in the verse. I'd say that it's mainly an arrangement issue, but I wouldn't rule out that I could have done a better job helping this transition. The same with the chorus, where it show a lot of promise around the scream sentence, but, in my mind, fails to deliver, so to say. Again, maybe I could have done more helping the transition of energy ... for this particular part, I guess, I've mixed the tracks and not the song ...

Another issue with this song is the drum recording. They are so poor that they just kill the energy. I guess the only fix here is samples ...
I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow

Messages In This Thread
RE: Great song, brilliant vocal performance - by Krabbe - 18-06-2020, 01:15 AM