Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darkride - Burning Bridges
You should have checked the FAQ before mixing this song Smile

Regarding the "annoying hum": I don't want to criticize the choices you have made for this mix but I can't remember we had such distorted, fizzy and unpleasant sounding guitars on the original recording Smile I definitely had no plans to go for a "Gothenburg" buzzsaw guitar tone that you would normally expect from a Swedish death metal band from the 90s because back when we recorded this song I was more into warm, "brown" guitar tones like the stuff you hear on the old Killswitch records.

Just in case you don't know what I mean with Gothenburg sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MdH7JWkSxA

So yeah, you can imagine that I was very surprised that you gave us the full Gothenburg treatment on this mix, hahaha Smile Your mix does sound somewhat fresh compared with the other 250+ mixes on this site, I´ll give you that. But you are the first one complaining about an annoying hum so I guess it has more to do with your choice of fizzy over the top distortion than with the guitar sound itself? But I can be wrong on this one - keep on mixing Smile

Messages In This Thread
Darkride - Burning Bridges - by LT808 - 04-02-2020, 07:32 AM
RE: Darkride - Burning Bridges - by Blitzzz - 04-02-2020, 06:59 PM
RE: Darkride - Burning Bridges - by LT808 - 04-02-2020, 09:49 PM
RE: Darkride - Burning Bridges - by StreetLethal - 07-02-2020, 03:43 PM
RE: Darkride - Burning Bridges - by Blitzzz - 07-02-2020, 07:30 PM