Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 Hour Mix Challenge "Szarad A Szaj"
Hey Chewi,

Thanks for taking the time to listen and give your critical listening assessment!

I have done a few mixes on here that I challened myself to complete in a set amount of time, and I like the way it makes me work, making me commit to choices, so making the right choice had better be quick!

Thanks for the kind words about the voice and guitar. Listening to your guitar tone, I had no issues with it at all, and thought it sounded nice, so thank you again for the comment on my guitar tone.

I agree with the sax and violin comment. I struggled to get the sax to sit right, without commanding too much attention away from the vox. My thought was that they were on a semi deep stage, with a little depth given to them via the reverb, but they definitely sound small and distant.

I don't have a gate on the snare. I do have a compressor, and I wilidly brought the high end up, and had the snare bottom mic turned up pretty hot, so i think it was just a result of how the drummer played it (unless I accidentally left on some vst i threw on real quick to try, and forget to delete).

Thanks again for the time you took to listen and comment, and thank you for the kind words, and helping steer me to a better direction!

Cheers!
Draper

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1 Hour Mix Challenge "Szarad A Szaj" - by loweche6 - 17-01-2020, 10:47 PM