Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long Way Home mix and master
Quick listen. In general, it feels out of focus. The kick and bass feel ok. The snare and vocal feel wide and hard to place in the stereo image. I hear the vocal. I can make out the words but it doesn't feel important in the mix. It feels like another element and catches my ear just as much as any other instrument. The overall sum of the mix feels like a soup with no one part being big enough to be the star. It's a deep song, lyrically (though I have my issues with them). The vocals are the emotional backbone of the song. They should be front and center.

I really am mixing metaphors.

I never thought the original tracks lacked highs. It might be a difference in monitoring. A lot of the parts in this mix feel 'overworked'. Maybe tweaked to much in solo? I'm not sure.

Unrelated: I feel like this should be said for everyone on this board, don't feel a need to apologize for your grasp of English. If anyone should apologize for how one butchers the English language it should be me as an American. You write better than I do in English and you do it in multiple languages. This is an international board. We all get what people mean when they write on here. I've never had language be a barrier, except when I'm drunk. Some day Google translate will sort that out. Plus talking about music and mixing is so difficult in any language. You're doing fine. If something doesn't make sense just ask.
It doesn't have to sound good. People just need to think it sounds good.

Messages In This Thread
Long Way Home mix and master - by AwakenSound - 22-12-2019, 11:54 AM
RE: Long Way Home mix and master - by M.W.A.P. - 22-12-2019, 12:04 PM
RE: Long Way Home mix and master - by AwakenSound - 22-12-2019, 01:28 PM
RE: Long Way Home mix and master - by Roy - 22-12-2019, 03:15 PM
RE: Long Way Home mix and master - by AwakenSound - 22-12-2019, 05:54 PM
RE: Long Way Home mix and master - by Roy - 22-12-2019, 06:11 PM
RE: Long Way Home mix and master - by AwakenSound - 22-12-2019, 10:31 PM