Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Like You Do
(19-08-2019, 03:17 PM)mixingonamission Wrote: Seeing as I spent more than I wanted, thought I'd post it here

I'm glad you did, I really liked this mix.

I don't entirely agree with Takka though, but I understand where he's coming from. It's a challenge with all the Telefunken vocal tracks due to the characteristics of the dynamic mic's, that placing the vocalist in with the musicians can be difficult to resolve.

It's the relationship between the direct and indirect sound that needs working on, so there's a sense of space around her voice which doesn't come with the recording because it's as dry as a bone. The verb you have here, as subtle as it is, doesn't project the same space (as nice as it is on it's own).

Simply dropping a verb emu on top won't address this because it risks creating another room with spatial cues which contradicts all the spatial cues from the other elements (cross-talk gives the cues). You need to be able to replicate this signature and put her in the space with appropriate paramaters.

When you do, this will be nothing short of perfection in headphones (DT 880 Pro's). I've no idea how it currently translates over boxes, but frankly I don't care 'cos I'm loving this too much right now!!! Big Grin

Keep it coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.

Messages In This Thread
Like You Do - by mixingonamission - 19-08-2019, 03:17 PM
RE: Like You Do - by takka360 - 19-08-2019, 03:24 PM
RE: Like You Do - by takka360 - 19-08-2019, 03:39 PM
RE: Like You Do - by Monk - 19-08-2019, 04:33 PM
RE: Like You Do - by Quathamer - 20-08-2019, 04:38 AM
RE: Like You Do - by mixingonamission - 20-08-2019, 08:22 PM