Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roughly my 6th mix on this one
Hi Kjedrusiak - wow - 6th take!.. It's a very individual sounding mix that you have here - you've definitely taken a different route...

I like some of the directions you've taken in the mix - for eg. I like the "pillowy" sound you got out of the kick drum, and I like how the bass and kick work together in the mix. I think the kick may have just a little too much "weight" in it at present though. I also like the way you have placed the backing vocals, and the overall sound of the choruses suits the song nicely.

One thing that I'm not keen on is the tone of the lead vocal. It just sounds way too high passed & "small" sounding. That sound works ok in the choruses, but in the verses, to my ear it sounds too unnatural and disconnected from the other mix elements.

The drums overall are a little over-compressed for my taste. I can hear quite a bit of compression "pumping" in the cymbals. While that sound can work well in the right circumstances, I find it a little distracting here.

Cool to hear yet another very different sounding mix!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases

Messages In This Thread
Roughly my 6th mix on this one - by kjedrusiak - 17-06-2019, 10:35 PM
RE: Roughly my 6th mix on this one - by FytaKyte - 19-06-2019, 01:37 AM
RE: Roughly my 6th mix on this one - by rageix - 24-06-2019, 03:51 AM
RE: Roughly my 6th mix on this one - by FytaKyte - 24-06-2019, 09:07 AM