Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chad's Eyes - New Mixes
(06-06-2019, 11:38 AM)Dangerous Wrote: I like this mix a lot Mitc. Great balance and tonal clarity. Very slick indeed.

Just a couple of things that came to mind whist listening. Ist the acoustic guitar in the left ear, although sounds nice, feels a bit detached from the the performance with it's hard panning. May work better if moved in onto the stage a little more. The other thoughts I had was with the solos. I think the mando could be brightened up a tad, sounding a touch mallow for my ears and the electric guitar feels somewhat distant and behind the stage. Not sure if thats something that can be altered for if it's printed into the raw track.

These are just minor things for me though. An enjoyable listen regardless. Well done.

Dave,
Some good points you have raised. After a detached listen I also felt that the acoustic could be centered and the electric widened to fill the space, which is precisely what I did in Mix 4. My thinking was more along the lines that the singer is also the acoustic player so I thought his entire performance might work better centered, including his guitar. I think both work. I like the panned guitars as they sound good with the bounce of the song. Take a listen to Mix 3 and let me know what you think of the panning you suggested. BTW the mando is really dark and I have brightened up more than I would ever imagine doing. I do like the body of it.

Thanks for the listen.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
Chad's Eyes - New Mixes - by Mixinthecloud - 27-04-2019, 07:51 PM
RE: Chad's Eyes - by LukasL - 27-04-2019, 10:01 PM
RE: Chad's Eyes - by Davie.T - 11-05-2019, 04:48 PM
RE: Chad's Eyes - by Mixinthecloud - 05-06-2019, 07:30 PM
RE: Chad's Eyes - by Dangerous - 06-06-2019, 11:38 AM
RE: Chad's Eyes - by Mixinthecloud - 06-06-2019, 04:11 PM
RE: Chad's Eyes - by Dangerous - 07-06-2019, 12:12 PM
RE: Chad's Eyes - by Mixinthecloud - 07-06-2019, 01:55 PM