Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Fruition - 'Santa Fe' by music_nino
(10-04-2019, 04:06 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 03:56 PM)music_nino Wrote:
(04-04-2019, 04:24 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: I sense very little compression on the lead vocal and automation as the main leveling for her placement. Overall I think her voice is excellent but too far in front of the ensemble. The clarity you maintain could be laid back a touch to get her to act as part of the group better. The ensemble is very nicely presented.

Dear Mixinthecloud,

Thank you for your feedback! I have also noticed that the vocal was to loud. I also didn't like the way I have mixed the vocals, so I have mixed them again to bring the main vocal more in the front without making it louder. Please check out Mix3 and give me your opinion.

Best,
music_nino

Better. Certainly better than the dry vocals of version _2. I seemed to have not listened to the original mix and only to version _2 previously. The original version may be your best go at this. I do sense some timidity with the level of her guitar (the one on the right) at the beginning of the song. Other than that this is very pleasing to listen to. Well done.

Thanks! I have worked a bit on the timidity on the right guitar in the beginning. I also changed the vocals again in version 3.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fruition - 'Santa Fe' by music_nino - by Roy - 26-03-2019, 03:13 PM
RE: Fruition - 'Santa Fe' by music_nino - by Roy - 27-03-2019, 02:31 PM
RE: Fruition - 'Santa Fe' by music_nino - by music_nino - 10-04-2019, 05:07 PM