Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Jesper Buhl Trio - First full mix
Thanks so much for the feedback!

Listening again I hear what you're saying. I checked my project and I had the piano panned center but I switched R/L I think to match where the ride symbol sounded like it was coming from in both piano and drums. I tried just switching it to mono and it does leave an enormous amount of space for the drums but sounded a little smaller than I'd like. Not sure of the best way to make it nearly mono as you suggest but I just used the direction mixer in logic set to 0.20 and it seems to work. The overall clarity of each instrument really comes out a lot without the piano taking up the whole space.

For the bass, I agree with you and now that the piano isn't so big it seems like it can take a bit more roundness in the bass without being as muddy. I just took a bit out of the highs as well and unfortunately a lot of the brightness in the drums is coming from the bass mic in my mix but I do think it's nicer than hearing too much of the slaps.

I don't have the luxury of spending all day on it again but I do like the changes. I might have gone a little overboard on the bass but I'll commit to this version for now.

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Jesper Buhl Trio - First full mix - by jawrmusic - 23-02-2019, 07:48 AM
RE: Jesper Buhl Trio - First full mix - by Deliza - 20-03-2019, 08:19 PM
RE: Jesper Buhl Trio - First full mix - by jawrmusic - 24-03-2019, 10:27 PM
RE: Jesper Buhl Trio - First full mix - by Deliza - 26-03-2019, 07:55 PM