Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Hannes Keseberg - YouKnowBetter_3ee mix2
PERC:

I remember them being very dynamic and peaky to I had to limit them quite a bit.

Congas: Had to thin it out a bit.. I have a dyn eq doing about 5 dB GR @ 220Hz, steep LP filter @ ~ 8k to tame the transient, was a bit too distracting in the mix, then a tiny bit of compression.
Timbale: similar processing but with added expansion and eq boost around 3-4k + I have a parallel aux compressed and band limited to 400-2.5k through which I send to some effects: Plate, chamber and 1/8 Delay.

Claps: processed them together. I have a gate to re-shape the clap decay, EQ to cut the very highs (LP @ ~8k) and give some high-mids (3dB boost at @ 6k), compression to bring them together and some tape for saturation and color.

PERC bus: overall eq and dyn-eq to thin them out some more for the mix, a 100% wet 'static' phaser for that freq diffused punch effect.. and finally an aggressive (almost clipper) limiter doing about 4 dB tops
Perc bus "smash" aux: doing some extreme and fast compression and limiting, blended in at very low volume.

Perc bus and smash aux have some sends to some effects which includes: -5st pitch shifter, plate and spring reverbs, some 1/64 and 1/32 slap-back echo..

BASS: is going to the GTRs bus to glue it with the guitars. Not sure if there were more bass tracks but I ended up using only the DI track and made some parallel tracks around that.
Have plenty of processing on the Bass in total so let's start with the main track: Gate to get rid of some noise, have some EQ HP @ 40Hz, some cuts in the low-mids and mids and a large 13 dB boost @ 2.5k for some more string. LA-2A comp modded to be very fast doing 5dB GR tops, nice color and action from this comp that's for sure! , Pultec EQP1 eq to color, shape the lows and do another heavy boost @ 3k, then a saturation device to round/drive it a tiny bit and finally a bit of sidechain comp triggered by the kick, doing about 1-2 dB of GR so it's more of a "technical" SC rather than pumping.

bass density parallel aux: blended in a low volume,... basically a heavier compressed and limited and eq'ed version of the bass.
bass low-mids aux: eq'ed and distorted track to get some more upper harmonics from the 50-100Hz area so that the bass feels a bit fuller/more present on smaller systems. Also blended in a low level.

Forgot to mention a have a tiny bit of send from the main bass track to a chorus and early reflections tracks to make it a bit less focused and more blended in the mix.

..to be continued

Messages In This Thread
Hannes Keseberg - YouKnowBetter_3ee mix2 - by 3ee - 13-01-2019, 12:01 AM
RE: Hannes Keseberg - YouKnowBetter_3ee mix2 - by 3ee - 07-03-2019, 05:21 PM