Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mix by Zbat (me)
Hey Pasta Big Grin

Thanks a lot for welcoming me, taking time to listen to the mix and providing feedback, this is gold!

Glad you liked the overall mix.

Oh yeah for the snare, I hear the phaseyness now, thanks! I'll play around with a sample to add the balls.

For the samples, I was afraid it would kind of kill this live energy, I like live takes, the energy that comes with it, the bleed and (slight) imperfections etc. although these guys play absolutely perfectly! Part of my mind was like "that's the way his/her kick sounds" but then yeah you're absolutely right, if it sounds good, it sounds good. Also I am originally a drummer ahah

I've seen also bands combining acoustic drums with drum machines, there's a new wave of psych garage bands really good at it but I also used very produced albums as a reference for this mix like Jamiroquai's "A Funk Odyssey" and Phoenix's "Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix" or bands like Ratatat which really inspired me when I saw them, but their albums are an incredible in terms of width (using panning, reverb, volume automation...) very trippy and surrounding.

Awesome for the vocals! I will play with automating the delay (awesome idea).

Solo in the middle of course!

That's great stuff! Thanks again.

Quentin

Messages In This Thread
Mix by Zbat (me) - by Zbat - 27-01-2019, 11:00 AM
RE: Mix by Zbat (me) - by Pasta - 28-01-2019, 01:51 AM
RE: Mix by Zbat (me) - by Zbat - 28-01-2019, 03:22 AM
RE: Mix by Zbat (me) - by Pasta - 28-01-2019, 04:28 AM
RE: Mix by Zbat (me) - by Zbat - 28-01-2019, 05:11 AM