Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hannes Keseberg: 'You Know Better' - Hairy Mix - Final Submission
(23-01-2019, 08:19 PM)Hairy Mark Wrote: Am surprised by the over-compression on the drums comment - as i'd turned off the compression on the bus and the individual tracks that i had. I wonder what i'm doing that still giving that over-compressed sound Huh
Totally get what your saying on the guitar and hammond needing some automation. Something new to learn Big Grin
You know what? Disregard the compression comment. I can't recall at the moment if I heard any compression issues and probably was remembering Mike's comment and when I was thinking about the kick I was thinking about how it could affect a buss compressor instead of what it might have actually been doing.

As for automation, I've, technically been at this for a long, long time but never had automation on the consoles I used back in my analog days so it's still a somewhat new thing to me too. Back when I was first on Pro Tools I was drawing all of the moves and it felt laborious. Only now am I starting to get into doing more moves on the fly and getting more comfortable in "Touch" mode. It's definitely worth learning.
It doesn't have to sound good. People just need to think it sounds good.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hannes Keseberg: 'You Know Better' - Hairy Mix - by Roy - 23-01-2019, 09:04 PM