Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Hannes Keseberg - YouKnowBetter_3ee mix2
(15-01-2019, 06:29 PM)3ee Wrote: ^ Hi Mike, many thanks for the feedback, all good points, will consider them carefully towards the next version.

Great -- although remember that I'm only one of three judges... Wink

Quote:-I didn't mix with that in mind, we'll see if I can resolve the bass with an overdrive parallel or something, any other tips on this? (used to use Waves Rbass in the past but I ditched all Waves plugins some time back due to their complications)

Ditto Rolleyes Parallel distortion is certainly a favourite of mine, but you might also be able to just compress the upper-spectrum frequencies and bring them up in level once they're more consistent.

Quote:-Will tweak ambiance... it does feel a bit too wet on some elements but I'm not really sure at the moment what's "wrong"

No right or wrong answers here, but referencing is the key for me.

Quote:-Was hard to get a good snare sound and tame cymbals at the same time, I guess automation is the answer here.

I seem to remember I used a dynamic EQ to boost the HF of the level peaks, while leaving the spill un-EQ'd. Or you could slip in a sneaky supplementary sample layer for that. Ah... options, options... Smile

Messages In This Thread
Hannes Keseberg - YouKnowBetter_3ee mix2 - by 3ee - 13-01-2019, 12:01 AM
RE: Hannes Keseberg - YouKnowBetter_3ee mix - by Mike Senior - 16-01-2019, 01:28 PM