Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You know better (Patreon) Draper Mix
Thanks for the comments!

Simon, thank you! I try to hear what I think the song is working towards, and try to best accommodate that. And thank you for the comment on the vox. I tried my best not to mangle it, as it had a great starting tone, and it could have been easy for me to overwork it.

MITC

Thanks for comment about the choruses. I literally worked on the snare part on the chorus about 3-4 hours a day, probably 5 days in a row. I would listen the next day, and just would not be happy. It dawned on me, on the last day, that the snare just happened too quickly for my taste. It wasn't the resonance of the snare body, but the tightness of the snares themselves. Once I added the snare with the looser sounding snares, it made it click.

The delay is an attempt at some pseudo prosody, echoing the chaotic nature of what it feels like to have a bit too much to drink. It may be a little heavy handed, and may be a little bit gimmicky, but I just heard it, and couldn't let go of it.

Thanks for the comments! I try to get better every day, and looking at it from every perspective is important.

Draper

Messages In This Thread
RE: You know better (Patreon) Draper Mix - by loweche6 - 14-01-2019, 10:22 PM