Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Somebody: 'Crazy For Me'
(05-11-2018, 12:05 PM)giulioscatto Wrote:
(29-10-2018, 11:09 PM)OctopusOnFire Wrote: I wanna hug this mix Smile

How did you get so much separation?

Which listening environment did you employed? Actually I feel there is way too much low frequencies on kick and bass when listening inside my car, or is it just me?

Your comment reminded me of when I listened to my very first mix in my car and it made the doors vibrate Big Grin

I was listening in my monitors. Yeah the low end of the bass is craaaaazy on some notes, way too huge. I bet you don't need 90% of the bass you're using under 120Hz to make this song groove. Let the kick win over this one.
But the main problem I have with this mix is that I'm listening everything in the same plane of depth. It's crazy because the separation, let's say, in the horizontal plane, as if you were "seeing" the band in front of you, is really good, and it makes it even more apparent!

Probably the bass eating up all the low end has something to do? For example, the toms pop out very thin, upfront and without body, just click.
ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Random Somebody: 'Crazy For Me' - by OctopusOnFire - 05-11-2018, 12:33 PM